Tuesday 23 March 2010

Farewell New Zealand

Tomorrow we leave New Zealand and head back home. The last few months have been very special. We have seen many wonders. Every time I have felt sad to be leaving a place the next place has been equally as good but in a different way. This is a beautiful country with friendly people and a common sense and relaxed approach to life.
Our thanks to all who have made our adventures happy and easy. Those we have met, who have rented out their homes to us. Those with whom we have enjoyed hospitality, stayed and enjoyed meals, especially our cousins.
We will miss the glorious warm and sunny weather, the seasonality and freshness of the local fruit, vegetables and fish; the uncrowdedness and the long sandy beaches and hidden bays.
My thanks to everyone who has emailed me and kept me in touch with reality and to all who have been reading the blog and encouraged me to keep going. It has been a learning experience!

Throughout the last few months the words of this hymn have often been in my mind:
O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder
Consider all the works Thy hand hath made.
I see the stars, I hear the mighty thunder
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

Our thanks to God who has provided for us and looked after us on our travels, and without whom none of this would be possible.